Thursday, March 6, 2014

Trollbloods War Wagon | Hoof 'em down, boys!



I finished the Trollbloods Battle Engine, the War Wagon, from the Expansion Book "Domination". T'was no great fun to build and to paint as was the Mountain King. The model gave me some problems when arranging the wheels and the two pairs of hind legs on the base (all four hind legs and the two front wheels where pinned through) and still leave the two bisons, the wagon and the middle part separate for painting.
 
I can has thread range 23"!
The upper part that represents metal was painted the same like all other metal parts. The lower section of armor plates I painted solely black (Matt Black | Warpaints) and let it go there. The runes (which I picked randomly from the Forces of Trollbloods-Cover) where painted dark blue (Kantor Blue | Citadel), highlighted (Cygnar Blue | P3) and a little more light blue at the edges (Ice Blue | Citadel). I fought about giving it another short silver drybrushing, but decided against, since I want to have at least one model not been a complete war weathered veteran. Well, the metal is ‘worn out’, however, the runes were painted freshly since … well, since cuz I did it. 


Much power -- so kd gun -- must have -- awesome battle engine!
For the base I used orange reed (Felsgras | Ziterdes) and some tufts (Long Tufts Winter | Mininatur). For the reed I drilled a hole from the bottom of the base. Then I took several reeds and rolled them to a bunch, put super glue in the middle and let it dry. After the drying I cut in half and jammed one half per hole. To cover the hole I used glue and tufts. Nice ‘n easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment