Thursday, February 20, 2014

wip - Trollkin War Wagon of Trampling Action #1



At mid-January I came to buy the Trollkin War Wagon (Trollbloods | Hordes | Privateer Press) for a very good price. It would have been an insult to Dhunia not to take this awesome Battle Engine for such a nice price.

This Battle Engine is really awesome. For 9 points it has less damage points than a 9-point-warbest, but that’s not the point. It has a SPD7 makes a trample power attack and shoots its AOE5 POW 16 cannon and inflicts KD on a direct hit. With Jarl Skuld and a Troll Impaler in his battlegroup the thread range of the Battle Engine easily improves to 23”! The War Wagon will be exposed unless you put some another threading unit onto the front battleline. But where’s Jarl, there is a 12 model unit of Fennblades usually close by.
I will like it for sure. Less than I love my Mountain King, but that’s another list.


 Every trollkin and every pyg has its own skin colour as well there’s no uniformity in their uniforms. For my Trollblood-army I took up the idea of the “united kriels” very literally. Every member of that War Wagon, like every member of any given unit in my army, came from a different part of Immoren. They are united by Madrak’s ambitions and their dream of a homeland with fixe borders where home and hearth can be settled down. 

So I took my favourite colours: yellow-fawn, flat purple, and bright turquois. The skin is based and has additional two brighter layers. Easily done, looks well to the eye.

For the metal I take a little less effort but with much more effective results. Any metal is based with Leadbelcher (Base | Citadel) and gets washed with Reikland Fleshshade (Shade| Citadel) and after drying another wash of Agrax Earthshade (Shade | Citadel). After drying I rip a leftover foam from all those blisters and boxes the models come with and dab rigorously Leadbelcher all over. After this there comes another wash of Seraphim Sepia (Shade | Citadel) and another all-over dabbing with a 1:1 mix of Ironbreaker & Runefang Steel (both Layer | Citadel). This is how I get a look of how long the trollkin are already struggling for their home. 

The rest of the model will be mostly done in the same procedure, for it is for 90% metal and wood. The contrasts will be done with the bright crewmen and some war paintings on the armor plates. Maybe I’ll find a spot for additional colour for I guess it’ll be a rather dark model at the end. Lemme see…

No comments:

Post a Comment